Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

8   +   3   =  

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
SIM800A cannot sending data to Thingspeak!.
No permission to create posts
July 29, 2019
12:20 am
dummyGeek
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi there, i'm a very new to Thingspeak API. I'm working on Sim800A and try to sending data to Thingspeak from it using UART protocol. I followed this tutorial https://www.instructables.com/id/Thingspeak-Upload-Data-Using-Gsm-Module-sim900/
Everything works fine except that nothing happend on my channel, although i received SEND OK response. I've also checked that my APN is "internet" for my simcard. I think that the problem is when i receive SEND OK response, there is no something like "12" response (as you can see in the video which is embedded in the tut) but it comes CLOSED response after about 15-20 secs. One more thing that makes me dizzy is that sometimes it works - data was sent to the channel, and sometimes not (both have only SEND OK, then CLOSED, nothing between).
Can anybody give me some advices. Thanks a lot.Capture.PNGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
July 30, 2019
3:53 pm
cstapels
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 861

The ThingSpeak Communication library has examples for using AT commands to communicate with the server. Its in the Examples, under ESP8266, 'via AT commands'
It might not work directly for the sim900 - I haven't tested it - but it should give you some ideas. Many of the older examples that disconnect before waiting for a response from the server do not work any more.

July 30, 2019
8:52 pm
dummyGeek
Members

Thanks so much. Sounds like i wasted time on a dead-end project.

August 1, 2019
11:33 am
cstapels
Members

Moderators

Definitely not. I've heard from a lot of people here on the forum who have successfully connected a sim900 module to ThinkSpeak. It is a nice, flexible option. Just having to wait for server acknowledgement is a slight change in the code, that may not have been completed in the demo you posted. A slight tweak and you should be working in no time.

August 1, 2019
9:58 pm
dummyGeek
Members

Thanks. Actually i tried "http" instead of "https" but it doesnt seem any better.

August 1, 2019
10:08 pm
dummyGeek
Members

I have to say that i've digged the whole forum Thingspeak API to find some clues but all of them dont work for me. So after all i blame this situation on my GPRS signal and my Sim module 🙁

March 31, 2020
3:59 am
diegocba9210
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Hi @DummyGeek,
I had the same problem that you comment. I must tell you that he carries out the project with the sim800l module with arduino and also with an NXP MCU (freedom kl46z).
* In the arduino program it went smoothly.
* With the micro kl46z it presents the problem that you mentioned with CIPSEND, whose answer is SEND OK but nothing else. In this case, what I did and I have worked is to add the characters "\ r \ n" after writing the data I want to send to the server and before "(char) 26".
Here I leave the line where he explains what I mentioned.

Solved_SENDAT.pngImage Enlarger

I hope I have been clear and that I can be useful to you.

Cheers

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
April 22, 2020
8:41 pm
isaacjohnsong007
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Pls I need help to read my channel field last value (1 or 0) and in turn turn on a relay connected to my arduino pin using sim800l. I don't know how to go about the code for it. Anyone with a link to an example or help.me out writing the code please

May 19, 2020
3:28 pm
cstapels
Members

Moderators

The ThingSpeak documentation has several examples on reading from different devices, and will show you the common syntax or workflow for reading from a channel.
https://www.mathworks.com/help/thingspeak/read-data-from-channel.html
There are some posts in this forum dealing with sim8001, and I've seen several partial examples in a google search.

FYI, MATLAB answers is the preferred location for ThingSpeak Community support.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 166

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

rw950431: 272

Vinod: 240

piajola: 95

turgo: 70

vespapierre: 63