January 4, 2018
Optimizing power consumption has been a problem for us in the past.
For this purpose, one of our developers took the initiative to construct a Data Logger using a WEMOS D1 mini.
The purpose of this IoT project was to:
- Monitor power consumption at the premises.
- Identify data patterns and use it to reduce utility costs.
- To eliminate any redundant power consumption.
List of Components Used
- WEMOS D1 Mini Development Board (Includes ESP8266 WiFi Module)
- Burden Resistor 33 ohm
- 4051 Multiplexer for the purpose of extending the analog inputs for reading 3 phases
- 1 LED
- 10K Resistor
WEMOS D1 mini as the Wi-fi capable development board with 4MB flash based on ESP-8266EX.
We used Thingspeak for the purpose of data logging, tracking & updating data.
It’s an open source IoT analytics service which allows you to have a dashboard for analyzing live data streams in the cloud, coming through your IoT device.
You can read the full article here with an in-depth explanation of how this Data Logger was installed on our premises.
Feel free to tell us what you think about it.
Most Users Ever Online: 166
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:cranioex, email@example.com, Vadisa, arva, zarin, quicklearner7
Moderators: cstapels: 460
Administrators: Hans: 405, lee: 457