start getting "spurious retransmission" errors after 4 hour Wemos D1 mini | ESP Wi-Fi | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
start getting "spurious retransmission" errors after 4 hour Wemos D1 mini
No permission to create posts
August 13, 2018
1:49 pm
djmobley
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My garage monitor system worked fine for years but I had to create a new account so a relative's monitor didn't use up too many data points. The only thing that I changed in the code was the API key. For troubleshooting, I sniffed packets between a second wifi router and my internet connection and would start getting spurious retransmission messages after 4 hours and then nothing but errors (including spurious retransmissions FROM my device back to thingspeak). Internet connection very reliable. I changed my microcontroller from the D1 to the D1 mini, no change. Removed all sensors and am just sending 4 static values every 20 seconds; no change. I tried the relative's channel again and it worked normally. I deleted my channel and re-added, using my own new account; no change. Any ideas why this is happening? Just using the ESP8266WiFi.h library. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update: Re-installed the board in Arduino boards manager (same URL in preferences but I did re-paste it) and wired everything up normally again and it worked overnight. This time it displayed the board as Lolin(Wemos) D1 and D1 Mini R2. I don't remember the Lolin - the version was the same but the name was different so something changed. Bizarre that it would work for 4 hours with the other library. Always something simple but with the 4 hours before failure it was time consuming to troubleshoot.

October 5, 2018
10:59 am
cstapels
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 861
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

ThingSpeak recently began enforcing the requirement that all timestamps be unique. When you say "static data", do you mean you are providing the same data points and time stamps?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 166

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

rw950431: 272

Vinod: 240

piajola: 95

turgo: 70

vespapierre: 63