August 13, 2018
My garage monitor system worked fine for years but I had to create a new account so a relative's monitor didn't use up too many data points. The only thing that I changed in the code was the API key. For troubleshooting, I sniffed packets between a second wifi router and my internet connection and would start getting spurious retransmission messages after 4 hours and then nothing but errors (including spurious retransmissions FROM my device back to thingspeak). Internet connection very reliable. I changed my microcontroller from the D1 to the D1 mini, no change. Removed all sensors and am just sending 4 static values every 20 seconds; no change. I tried the relative's channel again and it worked normally. I deleted my channel and re-added, using my own new account; no change. Any ideas why this is happening? Just using the ESP8266WiFi.h library. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Update: Re-installed the board in Arduino boards manager (same URL in preferences but I did re-paste it) and wired everything up normally again and it worked overnight. This time it displayed the board as Lolin(Wemos) D1 and D1 Mini R2. I don't remember the Lolin - the version was the same but the name was different so something changed. Bizarre that it would work for 4 hours with the other library. Always something simple but with the 4 hours before failure it was time consuming to troubleshoot.
Most Users Ever Online: 166
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:huldacormier, bogart, estebanmateo93, mikewrite, onlinebusiness, winzy99
Moderators: cstapels: 460
Administrators: Hans: 405, lee: 457