Parameter TIMEOUT_MS_SERVERRESPONSE do not reflect actual system time | ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Parameter TIMEOUT_MS_SERVERRESPONSE do not reflect actual system time
No permission to create posts
November 8, 2017
3:53 pm
andre_teprom
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello guys,

I have an application running a Server and a Client together, along with the need to count coins, responding pretty much in real time, which has been a challenge. As we all know the server.handleClient() function is the bottleneck of the system, having to be instantiated very often under risk of resetting the system by watchdog timer.

So, to prevent the system from getting stuck in an overly long loop, I reduced the Timeout of the client function parameter that talks to the cloud, namely the TIMEOUT_MS_SERVERRESPONSE value was reduced from 5,000ms to 1,500ms in the ThingSpeak.h file (C:\Users\\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ThingSpeak\src).

But this seemed have not being reflected in the actual execution of the program, because when surrounding the function below, sometimes due to network issues, it takes a lot of time to get away, much more than the value that I have modified above.

Serial.println ("Start-Upload");
ThingSpeak.WriteField ( .... ); 
Serial.println ("Stop-Upload");

Perhaps it is needed to perform a correction factor multiplication on that ( I'm on a module running at 80MHz ).

Does anybody know hot to fix that ?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 114

Currently Online: Hans, agrisensezm
35 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

rw950431: 261

Vinod: 196

piajola: 85

turgo: 70