Help With a Code | ESP Wi-Fi | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Help With a Code
No permission to create posts
February 24, 2018
1:50 pm
dozcakir
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello,

I have two ESP8266-01 modules. I use one of them to upload data to my thingspeak channel directly from the DHT11 Sensor. So I can see temperature and humidty from the channel. Thats great I have no problem with that. But I am planning to use my other ESP module to show these datas in an LCD screen. I do not know how to retrive data from thingspeak channels. I would appriciate any help. I am using Ardunio IDE to program. 

February 26, 2018
11:52 am
cstapels
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 643
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There are several examples in the ThingSpeak documentation to help you.  The first example in the ESP section Post Temperature Data and Read from Channel  provides code using the ThingSpeak communication library.  If you don't want to use the ThingSpeak communication library, you can consider the Moisture Monitor with Deep Sleep.  This one also shows how to put the device in deep sleep.  These examples are specifically tested with NODE MCU devices (ESP-8266-12), but you can use the ESP-8266-01.  Your device wont have an ADC which is used in come of these examples, and the programming process is slightly different, but it seems you already have the programming part down.

The Arduino code is similar, and you can look in the first section for more examples.

The first example with a sonar sensor and  an Arduino MKR should port well to your ESP, with some changes.  The others can give you some ideas as well.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 166

Currently Online:
29 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

rw950431: 272

Vinod: 240

piajola: 95

turgo: 70

vespapierre: 63