Arduino+µPanel+ThigSpeak | ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module | Forum

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Arduino+µPanel+ThigSpeak
marco508286
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 24, 2016 - 10:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello to all.

For over a year I use this site to show the temperature inside and outside of my house. I do it through a ESP8266 module, connected to the Arduino Mega and use the code shown in the example "ESP8266 Wifi Temperature Logger" seen in the tutorial.

I purchased a µPanel module (http://www.miupanel.com/en-us/) to display the same information on my smartphone.

Does anyone know if you can use µPanel to send data to the smartphone and also ThingSpeak to display them in a graph, since the module is a ESP8266 with a particular firmware installed?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Marco

P.S. I do not know if this is the right section, or would be better to post it in the Apps  

Vinod

Forum Posts: 186
November 24, 2016 - 1:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Marco,

I am not familiar with the miupanel. You may want to reach out to the creators of that hardware and ask if you can modify the firmware on the ESP8266 on the miupanel. If you can modify the firmware, then you should be able to put your own code on there to send data to ThingSpeak, just like you are doing with your temperature logger.

If you do end up doing this, it would be great if you can share the steps needed to do this on the forum.

-Vinod

marco508286
November 24, 2016 - 4:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Vinod,

given my inexperience, I was not clear enough with my question, because I meant just the opposite. I'll better explain it .

The miuPanel can also be set in the "AT"way and then works as a normal ESP8266. In this case, however, you can not use the app for your smartphone. Since, however, it can operate as TCP socket - file and data transfer (http://www.miupanel.com/Wi-Fi-Module/TCP-SOCKETS-File-Data-Transfer),that I do not know, I was wondering if anyone knew if in this way it was possible to send data to ThingSpeak and, in parallel to the app of smsrtphone.

Thank you

Marco

rw950431

Forum Posts: 252
November 24, 2016 - 8:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are already several apps available to view thingspeak data on your mobile- suggest you search "thingspeak mobile app" or similar.  

that being said you could relay data onwards from thingspeak by combining the React and ThingHTTP apps to push data to whatever other system you like. Use the "on data insertion" trigger.

marco508286
November 25, 2016 - 9:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the answer, it will be very helpful, but at a later time because first I have to be able to send data from miuPanel to ThingSpeak, not with the AT command, but in TCP Socket mode, assuming it is feasible (the question is this ).

Thanks again

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 114

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

rw950431: 252

Vinod: 164

cstapels: 96

piajola: 75