Unable to update more than 4 fields of data on ThinkSpeak with SiM900A and Arduino. | Arduino | Forum

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Unable to update more than 4 fields of data on ThinkSpeak with SiM900A and Arduino.
vksgaikwad3
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 20, 2016 - 2:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Folks,

I have connected SIM900A module with Arduino MEGA and sending some Temperature and other data to my Think Speak Channels, but I am facing problem when I was trying to send data to all 8 fields in one Think speak call. It sends 1 entry to all  8 fields just stuck   at AT+CIPSEND gives SEND OK and stops , Also even if I am sending data of 4 fields with increase in data size still facing the same problem.

I have check with TCP configurations on SIM900A  seems no issues.

//Transparent or non-transparent IP conenction mode
AT+CIPMODE?

+CIPMODE: 0

OK
TCP conenction is configured for transparent mode

//TCP transfer configuration settings
AT+CIPCCFG?

+CIPCCFG: 5,2,1024,1

OK
TCP transfer configuration:
Number of retries->5
WaitTime->2
SendSize->1024
Escape Sequence->1
HTTP configuration parameters:

Is there any limitations on Think Speak for uploading all 8 fields in one GET request  or any chance of having issues with my SIM Card operator .

please let me know if any one has face the same issue. I have to update all 8 fields in one GET request only.

Thanks

Vikas

JasonW

Forum Posts: 23
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 29, 2016 - 2:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There is no limitation on the api.thingspeak.com side to updating all 8 fields at once.

I don't have a SIM900A module to test with, but I was just able to test updating all 8 fields with a Mega and WiFi-101 shield using our library available on GitHub.

This issue has come up once or twice before with other hardware configuration.  In the past the problem was that the TCP buffer wasn't large enough to hold the entire outgoing message when all 8 fields were being updated.   

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 114

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

rw950431: 252

Vinod: 164

cstapels: 96

piajola: 75

vespapierre: 63